The European B Cell Network (EBCnet) is one of the first three research study groups founded under the auspices of the European Federation of Immunological Societies (EFIS). The main objectives of the newly founded EFIS-IL working group European B Cell Network (EBCnet) are to
- initiate and foster interactions between European B-cell researchers and
- facilitate the promotion of young researchers in the field of B-cell immunology
To two central pillars of the newly founded EFIS-IL Research Study Group EBCnet are
- a bi-annual European B Cell Forum (ECBnet Forum) primarily for group leaders and
- a bi-annual EFIS European B Cell School for doctoral students and postdocs
The special thing about the bi-annual European B-cell forums is that speakers are solely selected on submitted abstracts and that all participants, including the selected speakers, cover all travel and accommodation costs.
ECBnet will also establish opportunities to
- share reagents, methods and transgenic mouse lines,
- organize exchange at the student, doctoral and postdoctoral level between participating ECBnet labs,
- coordinate technology platforms such as NGS, bioinformatics and imaging, and
- in the long-run establish funded European research consortiums.
We hope that the European B-cell working group EBCnet will successfully develop and that we will be able to report on successful activities here every year.